Happy Monday.
Happy Tax Day.
Happy explosion day.
Get the sarcasm ? Nothing is very happy about today. You can be happy you paid taxes because it meant you actually made money instead of losing money. You can be happy that its a start of a new week, but happy about a blood stained street in Boston not going to happen.
No happy is not a good word to define today, April 15, 2013. It was going to be just a normal Monday, but now the date is in the history books forever.
I'm not going to forget how I was standing with sweat reeking from my workout clothes when I saw the e-mail from my brother telling me to check the news.
I didn't check the news much. On facebook there was a avalanche of pictures and status updates.
Today was another sad day in America. Another reminder that this country of such wealth and prosperity is not immune horrific deeds of injustice.
A feeling washed over me today. The same feeling I had when at 11 years of age I stood in my pajamas and watched the world trade centers crumble. A feeling of something being stolen from you.
Fire has burned up more then buildings and streets. Its burned up our security and life no longer feels so care free and you know one day its all going down.
I know who is in control. I know who is right there comforting EMS workers, onlookers, grief stricken families, and hurting people laying under bright lights in a hospital. The same God who is right here with us now.
Giving us the knowledge that its not about the awfulness of today, but about the hope of the future.
I know the end of the story and I'm going to trust in the One who knows every detail of that story.
No comments:
Post a Comment