Thursday, April 11, 2013

faithful

My mother tells me she has trouble hearing my voice, because its "so small". Someone once told me I sounded just like a flower. I was a bit disturbed that flowers obviously made a habit of talking to this person.

I have trouble using my voice to be honest. When the room is crowded full of people and many voices chime into the conversation my voice says nothing.
 Oddly without even trying I will just observe, because I don't really know why. Others have so many things to say and sometimes I have so little to say.

If you will sit across from me at the table you will know that I have a voice that will talk and talk until your ears are weary.

If you are the person who is standing away from the crowd I will muster up the courage to use my voice for something other then the follies or niceties of the weather and see if maybe we can be friends.

When I write my voice is comfortable. I can use my voice without ever uttering a word. When I write I will say things that just never seem to come out in ordinary conversation.

Clicking of the keys gives me passion and I write because I want my words to be heard. Not the words themselves, but I want the God who gave me words to be heard. 

I need to remind myself of that. Being heard as a writer is not about writing words that will change lives its about glorifying God.

Life isn't about being noticed its about glorifying God doing what He has given you to do. Strange how I lose sight of this little truth.

Life becomes a rhythm and then the rhythm becomes dry and I wonder why I even bother.

I do it for God. Because He called me. He called you to whatever task He has asked you to do.

Every now and then I seem to wake up to a day where I question why I'm doing what I'm doing and really is it doing any good?

"He who is faithful to call you will also do it"
  
When I don't feel like doing a thing I still have to be faithful to the One who has called. In His faithfulness will He take those little things and use them for His glory. 


Some days I just need to remember the word faithful and thank God for His grace when this girl is so unfaithful. 

Faithfulness is a pretty word eh?

No comments: