Friday, April 5, 2013

Life and Death

 Play the music for an extra touch. Life and Death by Paul Cardall on Grooveshark

On this Friday morning I have the ringer on my phone turned oh high. I'm checking my e-mail every  3 1/2 minutes. Give or take 20 seconds.

I'm waiting for the news that my niece has been born safely into this world.

Waiting for the news of new life. Life that begun 9 months ago in the womb. Life that will now breath the air of this world. Life that was kept safe inside its mother and will now feel the closeness of her mother's chest.

Beautiful new life will start today.

4 weeks ago I had the ringer on my phone turned on high. I checked my e-mail too often. I was waiting for the news of death.

My grandma was breathing her last. She had come into the world 94 years ago. She was a girl and then a young woman whom my grandpa fell in love with. She was a mother and then a grandmother. She was a friend, not just a friend, but a kindred spirit. She lived every bit of life she could and the time had come for the door to open and for her to be released from this world.

Grandma breathed her last that Friday Morning.

Today a baby will take its first breath.

The circle of life. The going out and the coming in. Life ends for some and then it begins for others.

Life will most often end pain just as it starts in pain. Strangely the ending and the beginning of life each have their own beauty. Life created by God and now being taken home by God. Life being started by God and will also be cared for by God.

Life is Beautiful.  Hold on to the moments tight. You never know when the last one will be.

No comments: