I couldn't have felt more pleased to see the blanket of snow that covers the countryside earlier today. Suddenly now it really feels like Christmas! I can just imagine myself standing wrapped in a fur cap singing carols with my arm being held by a gentleman in a top hat. Sigh... ahem I do love snow!
I would share with you some pictures but well I have a cold and I can't get myself to venture out. Our temperature gauge currently reads 20 degrees so it has warmed up a bit:) Perhaps I may have to make a snow angel or two though...
My brother's and I growing up enjoyed making snow ice cream. It's easy really, just take some snow and add milk and sugar. A little vanilla doesn't hurt either. Mix it together and eat fast!
One particular time, when our parents just happened to be gone:) We decided the old recipe needed a little jazzing up. Out came the Carmel syrup than the chocolate, I believe there was strawberry as well. Last of we topped it off with honey roasted nuts. Somehow I remember that the effect wasn't pleasant. I don't believe I've made snow ice cream since:)
I'm in love with the white fluffy stuff. I still feel the delight of my childhood upon seeing the flaks fall. My wonderful TX nieces and nephews experienced the same delight last week. Because as perhaps you know it never snows in Houston. Or at least not until last week.
Before I go I shall say this final thing. I dedicate this post to someone special that is always telling me to update my blog. YOU know who you are:)
2 comments:
I do know who I am. Thank you!!
Bethanne, I think you need to update your blog again! =)
Post a Comment