Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Magic of Christmas

Twinkling lights decorated the houses proudly displaying their Christmas spirit. Each house proclaimed Christmas in a different way. My family and I delighted in the Christmas lights giving our verbal approval. Ben the appointed chauffeur took us to the "ritch" part of town. Homes are old, large and beautiful, indeed they at least must have one maid. Elegance is given in many windows and rooms. Large oaks wrapped in white lights adorn the front yards which are as big as the homes themselves. Holly frames the windows and doorways. Red bows match the red lights, cheerily pushing the cold out. Peering through the windows we see people dressed in fine attire. Laughing and gaily enjoying a holiday party with friends. Perhaps being a mouse in a corner would be fun I think. That is if I got to eat more than just the cheese:)

We drive out of the neighborhood away from the winding curves spacious yards. Up the town we are taken. Past lighted store fronts displaying all their Christmas glory. Even the street lamps were not left out of the Christmas fun. Christmas music plays from the car speakers. Suddenly again I know why it is the most wonderful time of the year.

Arriving back at our simple farmhouse we see the simply white and red lighted cross in the window. Sitting beside my dainty Christmas tree I feel as though I left something out. I don't have to look far, sitting under the tree is my manger. Suddenly again I'm reminded why I celebrate Christmas. And I feel happy, because He came to die for me. Not go give me a house big enough for maid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chrsitmas is one big celebration to celebrate the fact that we have been rescued from our deepest problems. We have been given eternal life.