Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Begining to look a lot like Christmas...Part 2


Mom and I delighted in trimming the tree this Christmas season. Every light and decoration was placed to perfection. We coordinated it red in gold this year.


This a vintage ceramic Christmas tree that belonged to my Grandma. Thanksgiving evening Grandma would bring it up from the basement and put it up. It was the first decoration to go up and the first one to go down. Surrounding the tree are some toys from my mom's cousin passed on of her childhood. Grandchildren are allowed to play but with caution:)

Christmas past of my childhood brings memories of playing the rocking horse collection. Often the horses suffered of broken limbs:) Now they are carefully placed out of reach of little hands.

Sitting on the kitchen bay window is our Christmas dishes. Plates are a thrift store find and the gold rimmed tea cups came from Germany. I believe they came from my grandma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your Christmas decorations. They are beautiful!!!