Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pearl Harbor Thoughts

My brother is watching football this afternoon, no doubt countless men and women are doing the same. Sixty seven years ago on a Sunday afternoon just like today Americans were doing the same thing. Teddy Roosevelt interrupted the game announcing of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Life would never be the same for America.

My entrance into the world would be yet to come on that Sunday. So I don't remember where I was. I don't remember wondering if friends and family were alive. I don't remember the war that followed. Nor do I remember rationing food, or sitting in an basement during practicing for the bomb that very well could drop. World war II is not in my memory. 9-11 is, the war on terror is, post election America is, the fact that God is my refuge in strength is.

Presidents and grandparents before us faced their trials and fear. While ours maybe somewhat not as scary or as life threatening. Our God is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

May I never forget that.

No comments: