My grandma went home this morning. Not home as in going home from the hospital, but as in home to heaven.
Grandma shut her eyes yesterday and when she opened them again she saw something she had never seen before.
As I stood in the middle of a noisy roomful of people. I tried to grasp the news that grandma was really gone. No matter how hard I imagined I could not think of what she was seeing or feeling. All I knew was that grandma was home and I felt pain and joy all in the same second.
Home. Grandma is home. No more pain. No more sorrow. No more sadness. Only joy.
I played my heaven pluralist today. Home going music. I thought about home and I got homesick. Strange how you can get homesick for a place you've never known, but if that is where Jesus is must be a pretty wonderful place.
Grandma is finally home in that beautiful place somewhere far away. I'm still here in a very temporary earthly home looking forward to the day when I finally go home myself.
3 comments:
Just popped over from FMF. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart, even the raw parts.
So beautiful. I lost my husband to cancer a year and a half ago and I so totally understand the sorrow and joy all wrapped in one overwhelming feeling.
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing, though, to know that they are no longer suffering and that one day we will be together again.
Blessings and very beautifully written!
So sorry to hear about this, Bethanne. It's difficult to have someone we love dearly die. She's with Jesus. May God comfort your hearts!
Post a Comment