Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday smatterings

Oh happiness its Monday. I really truly am happy its Monday. I just feel all giddy inside, because another week has started. No I don't have my rose colored glasses on my nose. No I have not consumed and large amount of caffeine or chocolate.

Sometimes does not a person have a right to be excited about Monday?

All ,month long there really hasn't been one bit of normalcy. Ordinary routine left and I tried to hang on for dear life.

Today is ordinary. Well so far it has been ordinary and its refreshing. Because I need those days where I do my to do list and whatever else happens with life. The days when you wake up and you don't cringe every time the phone rings because your afraid of the news on the other end.

Days where the sun is shinning bright in your brain and you don't feel covered over by fog.

March has been full of marching full speed ahead. I was never completely sure what beat I was marching too and kept getting lost in the shuffle.

To be completely honest I've struggled writing on my blog lately, because I don't want to be too raw and for awhile life seemed a little too sad to write about. 

I'm learning though its okay to have emotion. God made it after all. He gave us emotion to feel the joy and to feel the pain. God gave us comfort and hope to hold onto when we feel the pain.

Today I will open a journal with crisp clean pages that are void of words. I will write in it and tarnish the paper with ink. Journals are my Ebeneezer stones and writing in my journal brings a quiet sense of settling my thoughts into one place. I want to remember what God has done in my life.


God carried me through March. He took those un ordinary days and covered them with His grace and strength. When I look back at March I don't wish to wash it away I want to remember every single out of the ordinary moment of God's grace.

Today is an ordinary day, but I'm in need of God's grace just as much as if a tidal wave of life was about toowash over me. I'm glad God knows that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ordinary days help us recover from the other kind of days.