Wednesday, March 20, 2013

reminiscing

5 years ago...

I was a 17 year old girl still trying to figure out how to do my hair. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Gazing off into the of course hopeful future
I had been done with high school for a few weeks.

I had acquired my drivers license less then a year before.

I became an official owner of a passport

People paid me to clean their houses so I could put money in the bank.

I wore double knit while performing in a small amateur 70's comedy. 



I was practically an only child living with my parents. There were three seniors in the house. The high school senior and the two seniors who let me use their senior citizen discount at the department store.

That's me being the actress 


I entertained myself by cooking meals and cleaning my parent's house.

I was planning my high school graduation entirely by myself. Getting my mother's opinion was harder then pulling teeth.

I was baking oodles of cookies for my graduation and picking out napkin colors.







In the year that followed.

I would fly far away to a country other then my homeland. I would come back not being the same.

I would become a working girl. Racking up hours from the early morning till the dark hours of the night.

I would visit a far away state and decide to go to school there.

I would keep on trying to make my hair look presentable...unsuccessfully .

I would drive all by myself to the big city to hold little babies who's mommies where non existent in their lives.

I would stand at the end of our drive way to flag down the EMS, so they could help my grandma.

I would wonder many times that year if I was watching my grandma breath her last.

I would hang on to the edge of the cliff and try very hard to please God.

I would understand grace like never before.

and I would continue on a life long adventure of knowing Christ better that still continues to this day.

In 5 years...

I will be...



who knows:) Oh the anticipation of adventure...

1 comment:

jani said...

It's fun to look back and see how far we've come and then dream of the future! :)