Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nevertheless

This week is Holy week. Tomorrow is Good Friday. We will remember the death and on Sunday we will celebrate the life still living.

I wasn't there over 2,000 years ago when 13 men broke bread together at the last Supper.

 I wasn't there to hear those final words of instruction.

I wasn't there in the dark garden to see the sweat turned to blood.

I wasn't there to hear the fervernt prayer. Words spoken with intenisty and so much pain.

I wasn't there to shrink into the shawdows when the unjust arrest was made.

I wasn't there to Christ so willingly be led away. Not giving his captors any opposition whatsoever. 

I wasn't there to see the Son do His Father's Will.

Gripped by agony of the anticpation of suffering Christ prayed. He knew. He was not naive of the excrucating pain He would feel. He knew that he would be desserted by His closest friends. He knew everything.

“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42, ESV)

Nevertheless

Christ knew, but nevertheless Christ went to the cross willingly...

...so we could know Him as Savior.  

And life has never been the same since. 

Nevertheless. Can I not do the God's will for me? 

But this, but that, but I can't....

Nevertheless God has called me to say "not my will, but yours, be done". Do the small tasks I'm called to do even compare with unfathomable suffering Christ willing went through? 

Nevertheless 

Nevertheless it is hard, but nevertheless it is so worth. Sometimes it is the smallest things that are the hardest to do, but nevertheless we can do them. 

He is able and by His grace we are made able. What is God calling you to do this Reconstruction Sunday?

No comments: