Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gone Far Away.

I finally saw all the lights. Oodles and oodles of bright lights filled the sky. The brightness reflected off of the snow covered city and it seemed bright as day even the night had long ago. It was a beautiful blessed sight after traveling for miles and miles and miles and miles across scenery that gave little variety to the eyes. We were finally in the big city at last and three short days later found me back where I currently belong.

Maybe it was a short adventure, but we found plenty of time to do lots of some things and less of other things. 

I didn't sleep...much. On the first night I went to bed after being up for 20 straight hours. That night I slept like a rock for 5 short hours and on the last night I slept for a precious three hours. Sleep really isn't all that important when there are amazing friends to see. The less you sleep the more you see your friends, so the choice is easy.

I ate some Indian food, but not with my hands because I was taking this cultural process one step at time. I didn't eat the spicy food either because my stomach wasn't in the mood to appreciate spice.

I played ping pong with people who didn't know me, so they didn't know I'm very uncoordinated at every sport I attempt. Thus they very kindly encouraged me every 23 seconds not understanding I'm used to being the odd ball and do not have any self esteem issues regarding my lack of athletic skills. Though I might have caused the person on my team to have self esteem issues because I made us lose :) Its okay to laugh, really I do think its funny.

I saw faces of people I knew and faces of people I didn't know. When I left the beautiful city I had more friends then I had 2 days earlier. I had memories I didn't know I could make and my head was so full of new thoughts that was very well entertained on the long drive home.

So the girl went on a adventure to a new and enthralling place and when she came back she wasn't the same. Because each thing you do in this life is a piece that is giving you experience, love, happiness, and so many other things. Each piece will add up into the beautiful story of life and that's why I love a good adventure.

No comments: