Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gone North and Back Again


I'm back from the land of South Dakota! The trip was pure delight even driving in the very flat fields of NE however the glorious rolling hills in SD and even mountains made up for it. As pretty as it was the bright array of colors that met us in KS as the sun set made me feel so glad to be home.

We had some good farmer boys for drivers. They got my daddy's little girl safely home while facing dangerous ice and snow and utterly boring stretches of roads.



I had to take a picture to see how I looked before we arrived:) Vain wasn't I? Perhaps it would have been better if I didn't know the whole story.

One of the very fun moments of the trip was waking up snow! Imagine there is even real hills there to go sledding on, a real novelty for us Kansans. However they would have to be passed up for we were homeward bound.


The blurry sunset. I knew I was back in the land I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me wish for some Jane Austin music of my own. Maybe I'll keep your website up for awhile. So what did you think about the school?

Anonymous said...

You have some nice pictures, the two of the sunset/sky were my favorite.