Sunday, December 7, 2014

7. Favorite book of 2014...

This may sound odd, but sounding odd, I think goes with my personality.

Favorite book,

Hosea

Why the book about a unfaithful woman and a man who had to love unconditionally despite her behavior?

One word,

Redemption

I am the one who strays, strays again, and again, but God's love never stops. I scratch my head at why God used a harlot to demonstrate his point to his chosen people, but the illustration is a wise one.

When someone has betrayed you again and again its awfully hard to love them. Someone you who poured everything into, but instead he slaps you in the face.

I just cannot imagine loving someone. Cherishing someone and listening to their heart. Giving your heart to them and than being rejected.

God loved his people, he cherished them, he knew their every need, so the illustration of a man loving his unfaithful wife is more powerful than words can say.

That is Grace. That is Mercy. That is Redemption.

This is who our God is, one who loves the unfaithful and gives more grace. And its a reminder that I need to often remind myself of.

This is why I picked the an odd book written over 2,000 years ago as my favorite book for this year.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm going through Hosea with some girls in a Bible study I go to. I love the picture of redemption. I'm just like that unfaithful woman so many times, and the fact that God loves me still and wants to redeem my life is incredible. Thanks for this reminder of His grace!