I remember the laugh. How his eyes crinkled with joy. How it was hard for him to finish a sentence because the laughter got in the way of the words.
And it wasn't unusual to hear that laugh, because Uncle Herbert was just always so joyful.
His voice filled with joy as he proudly announced the recent marriage of his daughter at the local co-op.
Grinning from ear to ear as he played with little children.
Smiling mysteriously as he told a story and thus putting all of his listeners into gales of laughter
Uncle Herbert always had a smile on his face, sometimes he would try to frown, but you could always see the laughter in his eyes.
I wonder if he has ever stopped laughing these past three years? Because in heaven people don't frown. Do your cheeks ever ache from smiling all the time I wonder?
Some day I'll know, but for now I'm thankful Uncle Herbert knows beauty of heaven, because of God's grace.
But that smile,
I miss it and when I think about missing it I want to be sad for the pain, but at the same time I want to smile at the memories.
Thankful for the smile Uncle Herbert gave to us all.
Thankful that Uncle Herbert is now perpetually smiling up in glory.
1 comment:
Thanks, BA. Sweet memories we share.
xo
Post a Comment