Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The not so Wonderful Christmas



Christmas Eve has dawned...though on this cloudy dreary the sun has yet to shine. Perhaps the day is gray, but there is something cozy about the cloudiness.

Small bits of snow are scattered around just enough to give a picturesque Christmas look, but not too much to make the roads a nasty mess.

I'm sipping black coffee out of a deliriously beautiful Christmas mug. My nose is about ready to dance off my face with joy, as it smells the delicious aroma of monkey bread filling the house.

Everything just seems to be wonderful "for the most wonderful time of the year".

But a lot of people are on my mind today, those who are struggling to see the wonderful in Christmas.

Honestly I'm not sure today how to enjoy Christmas, not be an overly exuberant person who has no regard for others sadness.

Your Christmas looks like this.



And this only seems to mock you.


 

Others have written about it.

Boundless writes " Christmas often staggers under the weight of human emotion and expectation — just as it has from the very start." 

Hayley writes, "The happy music seemed to mock my sorrow and the joy of Christmas everywhere drove a sharp knife deeper. "

And I wrote about it too, "Right now for many this Christmas may look bleak. And its okay. Sometimes at Christmas you have to weep. Mourn with those who mourn."

Today is Christmas Eve, which personally for me tops Christmas day in its festiveness.I love the feeling, sipping eggnog while gushing over "It's a Wonderful Life" for the 14th time, but sometimes life doesn't seem so wonderful.

When we watch the movie we see the entire story. The joy, the heart ache, the depression, the wondering, and in the end happiness prevails.

We have not see the ending yet of our lives, and for many their life may feel like the saddest most heart wrenching part of "It's a Wonderful Life", but remember you have not seen the ending that God alone knows.

To you who is not having the most wonderful Christmas. I know the outward pain of some, but for some of my friends I may not know the pain inside that is making their heart throb.

 I want you all to know I'm thinking and praying for you. This is my Christmas wish to you, my only wish.

That you will feel the deep comfort of our Savior. The One who was born to save us from our sorrows and give us hope. I can only offer comfort and hope with my feeble words, but it is Christ who provides when the strength has run out.

A Merry Christmas Eve to you my friends.

No comments: