This year has its songs the ones I listened too over and over again...in just one day, because sometimes God is teaching you something and a song puts the words in your head that you could not form in your own mind.
It's from the deepest wounds
That beauty finds a place to bloom
And you will see before the end
That every broken piece is
Gathered in the heart of Jesus
And what's lost will be found again
Nothing is wasted
Nothing is wasted
In the hands of our Redeemer
Nothing is wasted
--"Nothing is Wasted", by Jason Gray
Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause all that’s dead inside will be reborn
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause all that’s dead inside will be reborn
--"Worn", by Tenth Avenue North
But as I ran my hell-bound race
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace
CHORUS
Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life
VERSE 3
Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace
CHORUS
Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life
VERSE 3
Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You
--"All I have is Christ", by Jordan Kaufin
From the love of my own comfort
From the fear of having nothing
From a life of worldly passions
Deliver me O God
From the need to be understood
From the need to be accepted
From the fear of being lonely
Deliver me O God
Deliver me O God
And I shall not want, I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want
When I taste Your goodness I shall not want
And then the song the teacher played in counseling class. Goosebumps appeared all over my arms and suddenly I could not fathom the grace God had given me to be able to counsel others.
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace
--"Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone" by Chris Tomlin
And just for kicks the song that makes me think of my crazy friend Liz and never ceases to make me smile.
If you were a boat, my darling
A boat, my darling
I'd be the wind at your back
If you were afraid, my darling
Afraid, my darling
I'd be the courage you lack
--"Boat Song", by JJ Heller
And these are the songs that when I hear them make me think of a moment in 2013 when I heard the song for the first time or for some reason it just sounded different and blessed me like never before. True some are sadder songs, because sometimes its when you are sadder is when music means the most, but 2013 had a lot of happy moments and I'm thankful for the music which helped me turn my thoughts upward and less inward.
What is your number 1 song or 10 songs from 2013?
No comments:
Post a Comment