Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Farewell's

Sometimes good bye's are breezy and easy. Friends will be seen again very soon and there is no reason to mourn. They are bittersweet, a warm lingering embrace echoing with the fond time having just been spent.

In the last days I've said to far too many good bye's than I care too. For just a few precious moments I feel the privilege of sweet fellowship with a friend. Moments that slip by altogether too quickly and than it's good bye till a time that is not known. Phone and e-mail make me very glad for hearts can be shared even over a great many miles.

Miles separate my brother and I now. This feeling fills me when he's home. Just the lovely thought that my brother is close by and I can tease him whenever I like makes me happy. I don't mind when he teases me. I don't mind when gives what I think is far too much advice but secretly am very grateful. Now he resides somewhere else serving with his gifts and desires and most importantly doing God's work.



I kissed my grandma's check never knowing it would be the last time. I wouldn't have said good bye even if I would have known. Instead I breathed a cheerful good night. For I knew even if I didn't see Grandma in the morning I would see her in heaven. My farewell would not be forever. Good bye's are never forever in Christ whether we say them with expectation of meeting again on earth or whisper a quiet good night for the last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bittersweet times, these days. Very thoughtful ones. We have the Lord.

Mom