You see I was a true farmer's daughter yesterday and helped my dad put up hay. My job was simply to rake. My rows have a curly Q effect while dad's were quite straight as a pin:) I didn't mind at all for secretly I wished to be a true farm girl and drive the John Deere tractor ever since I rode them with my daddy. Much happier would I have been if the tractors front wheels would have remained on the ground instead of raising up to touch the sky. But I suppose tractors and horses behave in the same manor though their power differs in sources. But I digress.
Tractors seem to be rather loud no matter what the model year. Ear proctors never are enough and little else is heard. So while I saw the approaching storm clouds I didn't ear the threatening thunder which surely would have frightened me. For I am not in the least bit fond of storms. The Lord was very good for fear is a very unnecessary thing. Because of the God's grace I was able to keep my sanity and finish raking the field. I parked the tractor with a satisfaction of being an authentic farmer's daughter.
God's grace is learned everywhere even on a John Deere.
2 comments:
I love tractors...I know it sounds funny for a girl to say, but I'm a feminine farmgirl:)
How satisfying to have hay put up...great job!
Sola Fide,
Jenna
This is a neat picture, Bethanne. I've never seen the farm from that view.
Charlene
Post a Comment