Monday, May 4, 2009

Finding Joy

I'm sitting down to write. Thought the kitchen is rather dirty and really should be cleaned. My school assignments need to done too. But I want to write. Simply so I can tell you what is on my mind and heart.

I got up this morning with bright prospects for they day. It didn't take long for them to fall by the wayside. I did accomplish the mowing of the lawn but even that ended in discouragement. Suddenly I'm feeling as if I'm depressing you all. Let's move on to something more joyful shall we? What is giving me that joy? Read on!

My aunty, here all the way from Africa never fails to greet me with a smile each day. And makes the best African Peanut sauce ever. Never mind I've its the first I've tasted. I'm sure it is the best!

My brothers, who make choosing the next step in life decidedly much easier. Really though do they think they can boss me around all the time?:)

Garage Sale Finds, nothing makes a person feel more smug than the great deal. I de-cluttered the house and than decorated with my new finds. Oh yes this really is mom's house but she did like it!

Substitute Sunday school teachers, my dear friend stepped up to the plate on a Saturday afternoon so I could do something that seemed so unnecessary but was the most necessary thing in the world.

Family, potlucks and family makes a splendid combination. Chatting with the cousins and seeing the uncle's and aunts visit is one of my very favorite things.

The dishes are calling and than I think some time needs to be spent with the only One who will give true joy.

No comments: