I cast my vote today. I put my support in a forceful way behind the candidate whom I believe should be president.
Years of going to the polls with my parents have built excitement. Just months after my 18th birthday I was the one to punch the buttons. I felt a thrill shoot through me as I voted for the president. Double checking carefully to make sure the right one had been recorded.
I'm not shy in saying who I voted for. John McCain was top priority among other upstanding Republicans. True he has his flaws. Jesus however is not running for president. Sometimes we just have to accept people's flaws for who they are. Remembering that there is the lesser of two evils.
My part is done most would say. However it's not, just like a prayer is said before a meal. Prayers should be said in the matter of voting. Oh I beseech the throne of grace that our Lord would give us mercy. Do we deserve another upstanding president? No we don't. My God knows who I want in office. I cannot bring myself to beg and plead with a since of ungratefulness. Simply my prayer is for mercy. Act of receiving something undeserved. Which is exactly what it would be if John McCain were elected as president of the United States.
We have a weapon, casting our one vote's. Then praying. Nothing is impossible with prayer. Not even Obama's millions can stand up to that.
1 comment:
Some really good thoughts Bethanne! Truly what we have or 'get' is by the mercy and grace of God. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment