Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lessons Learned from the Sabath

Today of all days on the Lord's day I felt depressed and whiny. Quite easy was it to compile a list of reasons to complain in my head.

I didn't clean the house for Sunday
I didn't make dinner for Sunday
I have to teach Sunday school
I didn't get to talk with my friends enough
I wasted the day doing up peaceful things

Needless to say my spirit is heavy laden tonight. When the lunch dishes needed washing. I felt I was entitled to rest. However leaving them for someone else to do did not make for a peaceful day. God used a something small to remind me of the joy of serving others. Special treat was given to me today. I got see a friend I rarely see. Just to see her bright smile assures me she cares for me. Blessed I am by her friendship. Reminder that God loves me.

Perhaps the best lesson was learned as I felt down and depressed. My memory pointed me to the Sunday school lesson that I did not want to teach. Our lesson had been on "the woman at the well" (John 4). Jesus gave her living water and has given it to me. My soul craves it. I ran for my Bible this evening to drink it up.

How can I doubt God's love? Who else would have cared to show me so many lessons?
Before this Sabbath is over I must to spend time with my true love. Yes the one who died for me.

No comments: