Tuesday, March 4, 2014

let go

I'm writing on my blog, because I have nothing else to do. Well of course there is always something to do but I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving my textbooks in my room and the walk is too far and there is not enough time to make the journey worth while.

So instead I write on this blog or maybe its more I dump my brain onto a keyboard and hope the thoughts are somewhat readable.

(Switching into writing mode, and will stop using the illustration of vomiting and writing, but only if you knew the awful papers I have to write. )

I'm feeling inspired by this quote.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
 - Joseph Campbell

Because I've been thinking a lot about my life. Last week I read 4 books for my counseling classes. All on various subjects that pricked my heart. Maybe that explains the thoughtful mood of late.

 I've had hopes and thoughts of how my life should go and as of right now I'm not in a place where I ever really expected to be. This place in life is a very a lovely place and I like being in this season. Its been a gift. 

A surprise to myself that I never imagined to happen. 

Not that I ever really had enormous glamorous dreams, but every person whether he admits it or not has a certain idea of his life and hopes that idea will happen. 

 I have relationships I didn't expect to have. Experiences I never really expected to have. I've laughed at things I never expected too and I have cried and mourned for losses I didn't expect. 

I had those expectations and plans, but instead I'm living something completely different and its wonderful, but at the same time difficult and challenging. 

How is it that every year is a surprise? I never know what will happen, the good, the bad, and the ugly, it will all be there. Exactly how though I do not know.

 I wonder what is expected of me in this life? Or what am I expecting of myself? Sometimes I expect myself to perfectly brave the wind of change like a navy sailor. To hold dearly to the stern of life and be brave. 

Should I simply let go. Let go of those plans. Let go of those hopes. Let go of those expectations. 

 Let go, and simply be surprised at what God does? 

 And I say yes and no to myself.

 Yes let go, but no to letting myself simply be blown along by life. I don't know what to prepare for, but still I can prepare for the plans that have been made. The plans I don't know about, but God does know.  

I think I can do both, but I'm not sure, because I am not a great tight rope walker.

 I'm going to try, I always have to try, because there is no better way to learn than by falling and simply getting back up. 

Here is to letting go, but at the same time not letting go of what is important

And I write this entire post and realize there is a very popular song right now about letting go. I was in no way inspired, by the song and I could say more about the never ending singing of said song but I won't. 
 

No comments: