Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Smatterings

Its been one of those weeks that has seemed eternally long. Its been a week of strange happenings of , so many things that are so foreign to me. There were days I laughed and there were days I wished for the quiet corner to be alone and do what girls do when they are alone.

There were so many awe striking moments of wondering how God could so smoothly put everything into place.

When I had given up all hope that the job I needed was not to be. When I wondered how I could save the pennies. When I was sure that there was nothing in my power I could do for a job and I was right there was nothing I could do.

God gave a job.

I have a job working in the kitchen. For various reasons I was not too thrilled about doing food service again, but God knows.

He knew I needed a job and God knows what I can do. Even more importantly God knows where I need to be stretched and so it is no mistake that I have this job. God gave me a job and there is no denying the work of a wondrous God.

My ears basked in the glory of hearing the beauty of voices lifted up in unison as I joined others in song. We as believers were gathered together for the purpose of cooperate worship and it was the balm my tired soul needed.

 Flip flops off I dashed across the wet grass letting the rain turn my hair in to a frizzy mess and letting myself enjoy the beauty of a summer rain shower. I tell you it was a moment straight out of Jane Austin. Well except the chivalrous male riding on a horse was lacking from the moment.

It was a long week full of so many Ebenezer stones that I want to store in my memory forever.

Thanks be to God for He is always good.

No comments: