Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quiet Nights

Tonight the moon is rising full of grander and beauty. Beauty ozzes from its brightness and the glory of a full moon cannot be over looked.

Last night clouds rushed over the moon, but while the clouds seemed to float close to the moon the light of the night remained bright and refused to be covered.

I sat on the damp wood of the bench and gazed up at the light finding comfort in the fact that nothing was going to stop the moon from shining through those clouds.

I do not worship beauty. I worship a Creator.

I let out a deep breath and let the tension leave me. Homework sometimes shallows up my faculties of reasoning and drives me to exasperation . I needed a break from homework. Not a break to go cry on someones shoulder. Not a break to laugh myself silly with my fellow dorm mates. I needed to be alone.

Quietness envelops me and  I stop and marvel at God's blessings in my life. I was only thinking of the blessings of that day, not the numerous ones from my entire life.

I sought solitude because I needed to focus and just pray. Prayer is vastly important and its something I find all to easy to neglect.

I'm thankful for fellow students and special speakers who God uses to remind me of my deficiencies

I turn to others before I turn to God and I wonder why the "fix" seems to be temporary.

God who in His great mercy has given me every single thing I need and yet I forget to "talk" to God about my life.

Building a solid relationship with others first requires a solid relationship with God. And that is why I seek quiet moments to get myself back on track. I'm a useless creature when I have given all attention to others and none to God.

I love people, but I love God more and He alone deserves first priority.

"Knowing you, there is no greater thing" 

Feeling so thankful tonight to be in this season of life of learning to know and trust God in this crazy college environment.



No comments: