One week.
I've been at college one week and just like it always is with each new semester the first week has been the longest week ever.
After many months of much consideration of this great decision I took the plunge and enrolled. Than I packed my bags all the wondering if I would really and truly do it. God never sent the lightening bolt and so here I am sitting at my desk, which is of course covered in textbooks.
I'm a college student again... and it still doesn't seem real.
Someone asked me if I loved learning after I had told said person I was going back to college. The answer would be no. Some subjects I love, but the whole test and paper thing...it still sends shivers of fear down my back.
God has given each our own strengths. God has given us each our weaknesses. Some classes I'm going to love because they go with me like chocolate and coffee, but the math class has along way to go with me before I can ever declare love. Instead I'm declaring war against the vile enemy and I intend to win.
Something tells me that the math class, the one I would never choose to take is going to be the class that is going to take me alongside the Lord like no other.
Some classes shape your spiritual life and some classes remind who you are to be leaning on for strength.
Really in the grand scale of life math is a rather small item, but in the end if the small things aren't given to the Lord its going to be hard to give Him the big things.
Math class I think is going to be the unlikely blessing of the year. This will probably be easier to be thankful for after the class is said and done :)
No comments:
Post a Comment