Friday, September 20, 2013

She

She is the one we saw on the news. The mother of the man that murdered 12 people and then took his own life.

She is the one who through tear stained words apologized for her son's actions.

I don't know how she raised her son. I don't know what she did not do or what she did do. I cannot say if only you had done this or had not done this maybe your son would not be remembered as he is being remembered.

Right now she is probably dealing with a lot of "if only's" and no one needs to add to the guilt that is weighing on her mind.

She snuggled that little baby in her arms and named him. He was born innocent, but he was born with a sin nature and nothing she did would change the fact that he just like all of us he was a sinner.

Jesus sat and listened to the heart of an adulteress woman.

Jesus let his feet be washed by a prostitute .

He looked past their actions and gave them grace.

She is no less any deserving of grace than the rest of us. Right now her heart is broken into a million pieces.

I've never been a mother, but if some day I should ever hold a child in my arms, a baby that had already been near my heart for 9 months I know all I would want is for my little baby to succeed in life.

She the woman who not only grieves the loss of a child, but also mourns her child's actions. She the one who just like so many in this world needs us to show her Christ's love.

Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

Simply Beth said...

I am so glad I stopped here today. Thank you for these words. I prayed for this women...how hard this must all be for her. I just love your heart. "She the one who just like so many in this world needs us to show her Christ's love." Amen! God bless you.

Sarah McBride said...

Wow. SO true. I am sharing this, and will be praying for her. Thank you for pointing this out! And for having such a kind and understanding heart.

Britt said...

Very beautiful insight into the lives of these innocent bystanders! I cannot even imagine how it feels to know how far off the path a family member has strayed. I felt particular compassion for Tsarnaev's wife after the Boston bombing... these poor ladies!

Lisa said...

This is such a heart-felt piece. Thank you so much for sharing. For one who has not yet been a mother, you will be an amazing one.