Monday, February 16, 2009

Young Love

Mom and Dad hosted the annual cousin party sleepover this past weekend. As always it was a huge hit despite the fact that a very uncaring aunt sent the little girls back to bed when they were so very board. Ahem.

In the midst of the fun activates there was a sadness lined around my heart. You see it was last year when my little nephew promised to marry me. Of course I was quite joyfull at the news of my betrothal. However we didn't it even make it one year. Because Friday the little guy told me he wouldn't marry me. I was assured though he wasn't leaving me for someone else because he further stated he would never marry.

Naturally there was far too much chocolate consumed over such heartbreak. My little niece knew it would never work. Because well I would die before he was old enough she kindly explained. I must look pretty hold then.

Throughout the party the dear little man kept reminding me he would never marry. I carefully stored this piece of information away to brought out at just the right moment. Perhaps as a toast at his wedding rehearsal;)

Ah the joys of having the most adorable nieces and nephews ever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the blessings of being the last child to arrive in a family is that you have nephews and neices to love you and want to marry you!

They love you!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Love it! You made my day. :)
A.Kady

Ruth said...

aww! I am glad to hear you handled the heartbreak well. ;-) I agree nieces and nephews are great, but I have to disagree with who has the most adorable. :-)

Sara said...

awww, cute post. =)

Anonymous said...

that is cute!! This is my first time to your blog. I love the header!

Elissa said...

Aw how adorable!
I wish my brother would marry so I could have some nephews and neices! :D

By the way, I found your blog from my beloved friend, Jessica McDonalad, and I couldn't pass up when you said in a comment that you had written about your own valentine's experience. :)

I haven't had time to look over much of your blog, from what I have seen, it is very well written, and well put together!


Blessings!
~Elissa P.

Bethanne said...

How wonderful to here from some new people stopping by! Thank you for your sweet comments.

So good to hear from you Ruth. We need to catch up with each other:)