Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jump over the Moon

With the North wind blowing in colder weather I knew that I would be too chicken to continue my daily walks. I know that frozen chicken is quite popular but well I preferre to stay out of the minority. So I sought out to find an indoor exercise option. Rebounder trampolines quickly began to impress me. Ten minutes a day was all you needed to do. How simple could that be? Several of my family members already owned one and approved with a five star rating.

Sold! I was on the trampolines and Ebay had just sold me one.

Jumping was funner than I could have imagined, just maybe exercise could be this easy. I even lost 2 pounds before Christmas, just to make room for the extra five you know.

Then one day I was just dropping along, desperately trying to keep my pants on, since my belly was a bit smaller when….Snap! Two of the springs popped off.

I called the company twice. Second try after the first rep hung up on me I finally got a very knowledgeable rep. I whined that my trampoline should have not fallen apart after just six weeks of use. After all I didn’t weigh even#100. (Okay that was a very big white lie.) The dear lady kindly explained to me that the trampolines weren’t met for jumping. Excuse me? What else do you do on a trampoline, just sit on it and get your heart rate to stay at constant peaceful rhythm? Well yes I know that would mean I would be dead. The dear lady didn’t seem to want that so she offered to send out some free springs. After I paid shipping. I agreed to this compromise and kept on jumping.

Spring number three broke. I called the company again to get instructions on how not to jump on a trampoline. Surly it was a very complicated method developed by NASA. As I explained my plight to the sales rep mother giggled in the background. Thankfully he took pity on stupid people who don’t know how to use trampolines without jumping and offered to send out a free DVD. This pleased me.

Jumping on the carpet will have to do for now unless of course I jump a hole into the floor. Than I shall have to have my mommy explain to me how to walk on carpet.

1 comment:

CT said...

This is quite humorous. You are definitely a charming writer-
Keep it up!

-Christa
www.empoweredtraditionalist.com