Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leaves of Change

Warm in pleasant was the day by evening though a chill had settled in the air. Dew would wet grass. Fall has taken residence in Kansas. Our grass is still lushly green thanks to late summer rains. Rich greenness makes for a pretty background for the leaves to lay. I walked across the lawn loving the crunch. Changing of seasons is something I adore. Always ready for something new and different. Coming of a new season is welcomed.

Mother nature's changes maybe enjoyed by myself. Certain other changes sadly are not. When my grandma fell and spent the next three plus weeks in the hospital. I would have gladly snubbed that change in the face. Now I can see though how much the Lord is teaching my family and I. We have the privilege of caring for my grandma. No one else does. Just as the melting snows maybe ugly in winter. Soon though glorious color will be shown. God does the same in our lives bringing radiant color and joy to us through the pain.

No comments: