One of my favorite pastimes happens to be cooking and baking. Apparently it's not too bad because I get rave reviews. I even been promised it shall help me get a man. That I'm not so sure about.
However I'm not always the world's best cook. Sometimes my cooking is downright embarrassing. Like my attempt at making Supper the other night.
Mexican was making my month water so I put that on the menu. Doing it up right I decided to make the tacos out of fresh tortilla's. Big mistake. Perhaps I did have good intentions but that was all. When I set out to make the tortilla's they just wouldn't make themselves. Really tortilla's make themselves you just help them. Apparently they didn't know that. Less than one hour before supper as I was in the middle of failed tortillas' I realized we had no meat for the taco's. Sure beans might work but that isn't always appreciated. Sadly it was then I waved the white flag of surrender and changed the menu. Salsa, beans, corn, you name it was thrown into a casserole pan. Cornmeal, eggs, milk, cheese and a few other things made a topping. I put the whole thing in the oven and hoped for the best. Sure enough mom and dad said was delicious. I know they weren't being nice either. They ate extraordinary amounts. Although maybe their taste buds have slowly been put to sleep by all my other cooking failures.
I would love to say that was the last time but well it wasn't. More cooking failures will happen again.
1 comment:
Don't worry...I've had my share of failed attempts at recipes too! Thankfully, Dad eats just about anything. As far as a guy...I've been told that too...and am still waiting for it to happen... ;)
Post a Comment