Friday, April 17, 2015

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I would wear scrubs. And this to me was the most amazing and exciting thought. Tomorrow I was going to go from playing nurse to training as a nurse's aid.


Its such a little thing, but I'm the little girl who dreamed of having a job that would make people feel better. I lovingly tended my siblings and my eyes have stayed glued to the goriest of medical reality shows. Something in me always wanted to be a nurse.


I'm not a believer in chasing dreams, which I know is completely cynical. I believe that sometimes you need to take a step back and look at what is best for the season and time and sometimes that is not getting what you dreamed.


And sometimes its even better than the dream and sometimes its much harder, but it doesn't mean you don't learn and grow stronger through it.


For me though, I have gotten a surprise.


When tomorrow came, I put on scrubs and I was no longer a child dreaming, but I was grown up learning.


This was the thrill of the unexpected joy of tomorrow.


2 comments:

jani said...

What does this mean?
Are you starting nursing school?

Unknown said...

How exciting! To live the dream you had as a child, and yet, it is with your eyes wide open and your sleeves pushed up ready to work. Your story makes me smile. Thank you for sharing your joy.
~Your neighbor at FMF