When He sees us,
He sees
perfection
the redeemed
New
That He,
Cherishes
Loves
Cares
Not for what we have done, but for the work Christ did on our behalf.
And He sees us the same.
" There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Galatians Chapter Three
Not comparing us to each other, like we are prone to do ourselves. Not looking at the exteriors, but instead looking at the interiors of our hearts.
He knows what all of us look like on the inside.
He knows maybe we are prone to do things simply because we grew up in a Christian environment and wouldn't think to live our lives any other way. He knows if our actions come from the heart or a desire to please.
He sees that maybe our actions aren't like everyone else's, that maybe we didn't come from the environment that taught us what Christians do, but He sees the heart. The desire to serve and the desire to grow.
He sees us as one.
No matter where we came from, or where we are now we are equally one in Christ.
Nothing we do will make us God's favorite, because we are all His favorites.
By His grace we are one.
“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am”
― John Newton
God's grace has allowed us to be one and Christ and so let us edify and love one another as scripture calls to do.
Which might mean, removing logs from our eyes and then speaking the truth in Love. Edifying not only means encourage, but encouraging Christian growth to the point of saying things that sometimes feel awkward.
If one stumbles we are not to be the bystanders, but the EMT's that arrive first on the scene. Quickly seeking to exhort with the Word of God that we have been given. Never our Words, but always God's Words.
Edifying means coming along side and bearing the burdens. Not leaving our brother or sister in Christ to bear the trial alone. Love means not doing the easy thing, but it means investing in the lives of those around us. An investment which may never show return. A risk, but not so risky when we remember the empowering grace we are given.
We are one, because of the blood of Christ. Such a sacrifice, such love that should keep perspective on how we see fellow believers and our behavior around fellow believers.
One in Christ.
My mind was just blow by the above verse, that's all.
One in Christ.
My mind was just blow by the above verse, that's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment