Friday, February 14, 2014

I have been loved

Because its Valentines day...(shamelessly stealing this line from a friend)

I'm going to talk about love, because I want to say thank you.

I have been loved, oh I have been love by a lot of people in my life and I rarely do I take enough time to offer feeble thanks and so this day that is all about love I its time to do something about that.

Free fact for the day. In Mexico today is about love and friendship with more emphasis on the friendship, not a bad idea eh?

I have been loved by the two people who are my mother and father. The two people who have been my faithful cheerleaders since day one and the two people who have popped my balloon because they loved me enough to do so.

Five older siblings welcomed me into this world and did nothing, but love me. Sometimes perhaps I did not understand that their actions were portraying when love. I might have interrupted it more as cruelty, but what else are big brothers and sisters are for?

I have been loved by the Sunday school teacher who tireless worked on lessons to teach children who sometimes did not pay attention.

I have been loved by the older ladies at church who have been in my life since I was born.

I have been loved by my friends. I can't say the names because I would be too prone to forget someone, but there has been so much love in my life. Friends who listened and listened. Friends who spoke truth. Friends who would laugh with me till the tears came. I've haven't always had a large amount of quantity time with my friends, but I have had always been blessed with quality time.

Quality speaks love and I have been so blessed.

I have been loved by aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. We are not just a family, but we are a family who cares and loves each other.

I am loved by the person who passes me and stops to talk.

I am loved by a whole health care facility of residents who love to drench my life with uplifting complements and random amusing sayings.

I am loved when my texts and facebook messages get answered.

I am loved by my Savior, the one who knows every thought and deed I ever done that was evil, yet He chose to love me anyway.

I could erase all I just wrote and leave the last sentence and still have all the love I needed, because Christ's love is really all I need. Despite the fact I might tell myself otherwise.

God loves me and that will always state in the present form.

I am loved. A lot. More than I deserve.

Feeling blessed and thankful this 14th of February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww this is so nice, Bethanne! I am loved too, and I love you! :)

Louisa S said...

(Oops, I think I just commented before I meant to so I'll start over).. Aww, this is so nice, Bethanne! I am loved too, and I love you, sister-in-Christ! Happy Valentine's Day! :)