Dear Mom,
Today is your birthday and I'm not sure quite how old you are, maybe a good thing, eh?
Ironically today a video was also released giving the back story to the Yarnel Tragedy. I watched it and suddenly I was in the dead of winter I reliving the hot summer day I heard the news. Mom, I remember that Monday morning. Tears running down my checks as I stared at my facebook. Your hands touched my shoulders. You held me when I was miles and miles away from all my friends and there was no one else to mourn with.
You understood that it was hard. You understood that I ached. You understood why I didn't want to be where I was and I wanted to be with my friends.
Sometimes in our teenage years, we think that mother doesn't understand. We remember all those times that our mothers unintentionally hurt our feelings.
Mom I just want you to know that I remember all the good times too.
Laughing when I wanted to cry and felt horrible, but helping me see that life doesn't always have to be traumatic.
On the rare occasions that I was awake before the sun I saw you with your Bible at the kitchen table. My mother starting her day with God's Word.
Mom thanks for those little moments. You don't even know what you have done to shape my life. I don't even know.
Love,
Your daughter
No comments:
Post a Comment