I sipped tea and had time to read my Bible without worrying about the clock.
The night air was beautiful and cool, but not too cool. Warmth kept my skin from having goosebumps, but our conversation strengthened my heart far more than the lovely evening. I crawled under the soft flannel sheets later and felt truly blessed to have Christan fellowship.
Class hours were cancelled and I gained extra sleep.
I walked outside and the weather had gone from balmy to crisp and excitement tingled in my veins. Fall and I have a very lovely relationship and I never hate the change of seasons.
Good, good life has seemed so good.
A new text message. She needs prayer, it hasn't been the best of times.
Another friend is struggling.
Two close friends of mine were to welcome their first child right around Christmas time. When the baby is born in a few days there will be no cries and no first breath.
My life has been good this week, but tonight my heart aches.
I ache for those who are grieving.
I ache for those who are feeling lonely
I ache for those with disappointments
Life may be pleasant for me right now, but I never want to get so caught up in my enjoyment of the beautiful to forget that there are those having a ugly time.
I can have sympathy. I can hurt. I can long to change the circumstances of those I know.
But I can't teach people what God is going to show them through their battles.
I want to have power to change things, but what do I know. What do I know of God's plans? The bigger picture.
Perhaps if I could I would make the hurt go away, but my lofty ideas would hinder a greater plan. A plan to show God's glory.
While the small trials and the big trials of this life are hard. God will always be there shaping us and making His love known to those around us through our circumstances.
While I cannot say that I'm happy that my friends are suffering I can say that I'm thankful for a God who hurts with them and will care for them.
God is good and I pray those I know will find God's goodness to be ever prevalent to them.
Tonight I wish I could change circumstances, but what do I know of our holy God?
I'll tell you what I know...His way is always, always perfection.
1 comment:
"I'll tell you what I know...His way is always, always perfection."
That's just what God has been teaching me the last few days. He's bringing me to the place where I want even the hard things that He brings because it's in those times that I'm drawn closer to Him.
And knowing Him is so much better than anything!
Post a Comment