Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Of Fog

Misty fog envelops the morning and I hardly dare to take a step for fear that the luscious cloak of the morning will dissipate.

Fog makes me smile, because of its transforming power. One moment you see and the next moment you can't. When I see fog it reminds me how often in this life I can't see.

The next step is blurred. Life is covered with uncertainty and fear, but hidden in the depths of life is beauty. The beauty of God being in control. The beauty of knowing my God will always be faithful.

Fog can be eerie and creepy when your driving down that strange windy road and your not sure what sort of creatures are going to jump out at you.

Suddenly the beauty is gone and mad terror is your only thought.

Perspective. Viewpoints changed and your attitude is changed. Fog can be full of mystical beauty or it can send frightening shivers down your back.

Life can be full awestruck wonder at our faithful God or it can be frustrating moments of wondering why and when something will change.

And its simply perspective that is so easily swayed by the power of our own thoughts.

We are never going to see the next thing in this life, but we are going to choose how we see the life we are living right now. 

What do I want to see...faithfulness or frustration?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts!

Anonymous said...

So true. Thank you for the words!