Friday, June 14, 2013

Just a piece of my day.



Coffee with ice cubs floating in my cup is sitting on the table ready for me to drink it away. Because I am one of those people who loves their coffee cold. Recently I’ve decided that the blacker the iced coffee the better. Hold the sugar and chocolate it gives me nothing but a headache and the need to buy new trousers to accommodate my ever growing lower half. Ahem. 

When I look out the window I see the old brick buildings that decorate our town, but I wish I was seeing sandstone glistening in the sun, so tall and erect. (oh town I miss you)

 People are coming out of the doughnut shop across the street at an alarming rate. Maybe I crave ice cream like its going out of style, but never do I crave doughnuts and would rather eat greasy fried mozzarella sticks 
than greasy fried bread.

Call me miss ridiculous and you won’t be telling a falsehood.

Random bits of conversation are floating around me. Words of intensity and then some words of light heartiness and then some words of just really nothing in particular value, but it certainly of course makes a person feel better to say them. 

                I’m sitting in my favorite coffee shop at the table right next to the stage where they will have live music tonight. My distracted personality is having a hard time focusing on my own tasks rather then just observing the activity around me.

I’ve come here to write, because that is what all the vogue writers do you know.  Probably to be really in style I should have brought a typewriter since vintage is such the fad these days, but umm a typewriter doesn’t work very well for blogging. For obvious reasons.

Since the subject of writing has come up I should apologize for not writing. My absence is inexcusable and at the same time unexplainable.  My journal also has been sadly neglected and well I suppose these last few weeks have been a season of not writing. Nothing really terrible is going on that I could blame but maybe its just the all the change of life that makes not write.

All this to say that I miss writing like Oreo cookies miss their milk and I do hope you won’t find me not writing so much any time soon.

Like anything in this life you have to be intentional to write. Time with friends,  to do lists, and writing is all left undone when your not intentional. 

Maybe its time for me to do less face book stalking and more texting and messaging to see how people really are. Time for a bit less pinteresting and more writing down pieces of my life.

Sitting in this coffee shop has been balm to my soul to remind me to stop and look around at life instead of always looking at the computer. Strangely there is a life outside of the computer. You just have to find it.

If you will excuse me I think I will go and do more looking and less hiding. Even though hiding from life seems to be the convenient and easy thing to do, but looking without fail will always bring adventure.

Tell me about those adventures you have. No adventure is too small to proclaim adventure.

No comments: