Monday, February 25, 2013

M is for...

Heaven. Yes I do know heaven starts with an H. Yes I do know how to spell...well I guess that is debatable, but with the help of spell check and Google I can spell marvelously!

Heaven has been on my mind lately, because well it just is :)

Sometimes I wonder what its like. To lay there in a half conscious state nearing your eternal home. Are you able to comprehend that you will be seeing what you've heard about all your life?  What does it feel like to be hours away from meeting your Savior? Does your body ache to be free of pain and with the Lord? Do you wonder what it really is going to be like.

 I don't know that there are harps in heaven, Or the process for earning your wings. I don't know of bright lights at the ends of tunnels, Or any of those things.

I'm sounding morbid, but where is the morbidity in death? Glorious, death is glorious! The world went black one Friday afternoon and when the sun shone again the sting of death was gone. Blood shed on the cross to take away the fear of death and replace it with anticipation.

But I know to be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord, 
and from what I know of him, that must be pretty good. 

This Monday death is not on my mind, but instead the hope of heaven. Strangely beautiful and so full of pain death is not the end but only the beginning.

Words from my favorite song right now by Sara Grooves. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are all thinking about heaven as Grandma will be entering sooner than later; although her times are in God's hands.