Life has been quite busy lately. Packing up nearly all your earthly belongings does take time. Shopping is quite fun but even I grew weary after 4 trips in a week.
Staying at my aunt's has been a welcome relaxing experience. Two of my cousins are staying here as well this month and I get to help take care of them (they have disabilities). Much to my delight I've been doing lots of cooking. Graciously I'm allowed to make whatever I fancy. Naturally I couldn't be happier. Everything I'm assured is good and we take lots of walks to keep our figures trim:) Being me though there have been some blunders...
I picked up the delectable looking chocolate pie my aunt had made for the church potluck. Thinking all the while perhaps some else more graceful should carry this. Safely the pie arrived to the van and carefully onto the floor. Quite soon the pie wasn't quite so lovely for it received a rude implant from my sandal. Gladly there was a very sturdy plastic lid or I'm not sure the pie would have graced the table.
The very next day I passed the cookies and half of them slid onto the table. Good thing nobody asked for the milk:)
Baking cookies was I when I broke the measuring cup. Not 5 minutes later I broke the spatula. Later I scratched the baking sheets!
Honestly I don't try to be so hard on things. Gadgets never break at home. Well I suppose my mixer doesn't work as because it's been dropped so much. But you know sometimes accidents just happen.
I think I'd just be happier of they happened less. Perhaps I won't say that so far no one has fallen ill from my cooking. Because you never know that could be tomorrows blog post:)
No comments:
Post a Comment