I awoke very groggily this morning as usual. Images on TV of Good Morning America were quite blurry. Sleepy I contemplated my options for breakfast. Today's date was not far from my mind though. September 11, 2008, September 11, 2001.
Seven years ago I started my morning the exact same way as stated above (some things don't change). However through my sleep filled eyes I saw a burning sky scrapper in New York city. I could care less, all I needed was my breakfast. Quickly though like so many Americans I began to realize what a horrible thing this was. Moments later my mom's trip to fly to Canada and visit relatives was canceled. Due to the fact all planes were grounded. Slowly it was sinking into my eleven year old mind. Something very horrible had happened our country. Throughout the day the TV was never off. Images were played again and again of the twin towers crashing. Grief played in me. Fear rested in my soul.
War started weeks later. Then the anthrax scares started. For me it was a beginning of a journey of my faith. Fear of death drove me to find an assurance that I really was saved.
Through the events of those dark months for America mom reminded me of the hand of the lord. There were Christians who by the grace of the Lord were delayed a few minutes that fateful morning. Those minutes meant life given to them by our Lord Jesus Christ. Then there was Todd Beamer and others who served the Lord for the last time on this earth that morning. No doubt heroes of the faith.
Do not forget America what wounded you. Remember that not only did 2,985 innocent people die on American soil on 9-11. 2,974 young women and men have died since then. Defending the land of the free. Do not forget the wives, mothers, children and families of our deployed and fallen soldiers. For them the sacrifice is great.
Do not forget the sovereignty of our Lord. Who's infinite hand was seen the awful day and still is seen today.
When I pray for the soldiers, the families of the soldiers, our president,. I pray I will not forget our Lord is always in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment