Watch this time lapse.
I think you would miss it too.
The old market, full of its scrumptious restaurants, quaint shops, and echoing with live music. Seeing, smelling, and hearing all this while while you feel the old brick streets beneath your feet.
It's beautiful.
The zoo is also quite tremendous. You can go a dozen times and not see everything.
You probably should not go a dozen times though, because your feet will fall off after about five visits. Either that or you will have developed enormous muscles from walking up all the hills.
Personally I go to the zoo for the overheard conversations.
Father speaking to son about the puddle in the middle of the road, "don't step in that water, its poop water". Because of course the animals are let out of their cages to relieve themselves in the middle of the road.
I'll miss the charm, the sophistication, the coffee, and the sights. I will not miss the Ferris wheel, but I'll miss the people that have stole my heart.
Two wonderful cousins who have brightened my life in a many ways. They have helped me discover passions and dreams I never knew I had. To be the feet and hands for someone, what greater honor is there?
An Aunt that mentors me, who will talk about anything, lets me wear her belt no less than 3 times,and supports me in my ice cream addiction.
An uncle that always eats me cooking and takes us for ice cream and who is always a pleasant person to be around.
Its been grand folks, but now its time to continue on down the road to who knows what else.
Farewell lovely city, but I only hope for a short while.
1 comment:
Hilarious ZooTalk. :)
Love this story of your visit.
Yes, The Road To Who Knows Where...
Thanks for writing, BA.
xo
Post a Comment