Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday

This morning I pushed the snooze button a few too many times. It was Monday and I didn't want to leave my nice warm bed for class after a blissful week of conference. Before the morning was over I knew I would get my near lethal church history test back. I wished I could wear sunglasses in class so the teachers would not see the droopy eyelids. Yes it was Monday and I wanted to replace the day with something else...anything besides my intended duties.

The attitude was bad because I had forgotten that I had a lovely night of sleep while young mothers everywhere got up many times in the night to tend to their little children. I had forgotten how only just yesterday I held a tiny baby basking in the sheer joy of touching such a new life from our Creator.

I didn't get the best grade on my test, but I remember now of the people everywhere who would do anything to get a bad grade on a test just so they could go to Bible school.

Texting it kind of annoys me sometimes, but I couldn't have been more thankful last night when I got the most encouraging words over a text.

Sometimes I think too much of my circumstances and forget think about our faithful God, because well you know He is very good.

1 comment:

Delores Bergen said...

Bethanne, thanks for sharing your "Monday blues", or shall we say, "Monday Beginnings". You put it very well. Attitude is something we all have to deal with on a daily basis, and even more often. I am learning to get up in the morning saying: "Thank you, Lord, for a good nights rest." and lay down at night with, "Thank you, Lord, for a good day", remembering all the wonderful things He has enabled me to do, even if they might not have been exactly as I planned. I can have some really bad attitudes until I focus on Christ.
Delores