Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Day I Didn't Go to Church

The day I flew to school for my Junior year, I could not go to church. I was ridding in a airplane and not sitting in a church pew. I have to say it was one of the most special worship experinces I have ever had.

Seeing God's creation from the vantage point of 30,000 feet is an experience I will not soon forget. I was not with the body of Christ that Sunday, but I was sitting next to the mission field.

To say there is not a God who could bring me safely back to the ground.
To say there is not a God who could create this beauty...
...is ludicrous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a great truth that we can worship God where ever we are. We are asked not to forget to meet with other believers but if it is not possible, we can still worship.

Sarah McBride said...

I so agree with you! God's beauty is everywhere. Going outside and enjoying nature, flying high and looking at the world from the birds' point of view... You just feel so peaceful and know that God is real and there :)